Thursday, July 5, 2007

WELCOME

HI!
welcome to ASK maryantiques.com ... GET maryanswers!

A little about me...

At twelve I picked up my first antique….a gorgeous Victorian hall chair. My neighbors were throwing it out and I begged my parents to let me have it! From that time, the obsession took over. I began taking my allowance to garage sales, asking relatives and neighbors for items they deemed old and I felt were treasures. Then I bought at auctions, took vacations just to go antiquing…The innocent childhood hobby had become an obsession…a passion. As the years went on, I not only acquired knowledge but accumulated quite a collection. A wide variety of items from every era gone by.

This year I am pleased to announce the opening of maryantiques.com.

And with that comes this blog…

maryanswers questions from maryantiques.com

ask maryantiques anything regarding antiques, vintage, collectibles, mod...and get maryanswers!

submit a question here or mail to maryanswers@maryantiques.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow -- I found your answer about cut vs. pressed glss really informative. Now I'll have to check all my vintage glass to sort out what's what. Does anyone know how to remove scale or lime deposits from glass vases? I have one square piece that must have been used as an aquarium and I can't get the scale out of it. Thanks for any suggestions!